Existing Laws and Regulations
- Business and Professions Code - Cemetery and Funeral Law
- Government Code
- Health and Safety Code
- Welfare and Institutions Code
- Federal Trade Commission Funeral Rule
Assembly Bill 180 (Bonilla, Chapter 395, Statutes of 2015) merged the Cemetery Act and the Funeral Directors and Embalmers Law into the Cemetery and Funeral Act effective January 1, 2016. The Assembly Bill 180 Conversion Chart is provided as a guide to assist licensees and consumers in identifying the changes to the Business and Professions Code as a result of the merge.
- California Code of Regulations – Title 16. Division 12. Funeral Regulations
- California Code of Regulations – Title 16. Division 23. Cemetery Regulations
For a complete listing of the California Code of Regulations, visit the website of the Office of Administrative Law (OAL).