2007 Summary of Legislation
- SB 795 Yee (Chapter 629, Statutes of 2007)
- Special Care Fund investment - Allows for investment of all Special Care Fund(s), not just irrevocable agreements, under the terms of Health and Safety Code Sections 8751, 8751.1. (Amends Health and Safety Code Section 8778).
- Special Care Fund Administration - Addresses requirements for administration of Special Care Fund. Cemetery must honor revocation request within 30 days of written request, has the ability to charge a 10% revocation fee against earned income, and can charge a yearly administrative fee of 4% of total corpus against current trust income. (Adds Health and Safety Code Section 8778.5).
- AB 1689 Lieber & Berryhill (Chapter 629, Statutes of 2007)
- Uniform Anatomical Gift Act - Repealed and replaced Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Health and Safety Code Section 7150) of Part 1, Division 7 of the Health and Safety Code, Uniform Anatomical Gift Act. Made conforming changes, clarified language, enumerated authority to make gift.
- SB 850 Maldonado (Chapter 661, Statutes of 2007)
- "Missing Angels Act" a.k.a. Certificate of Still Birth - Creates a Certificate of Still Birth that can be requested from local registrar by parent for the natural intrauterine demise of a fetus at or beyond 20th week of uterogestation. Allows registrar to set and collect a fee for this service. Does not replace the fetal death certificate. (Amends Health and Safety Code Section 100430 and 102950; Adds Article 4.5, commencing with Section 103010, to Chapter 7 of Par 1 of Division 102).