2004 Summary of Legislation
- AB 2811 Runner (Chapter 307, Statutes of 2004)
- Adult Siblings - Surviving competent adult siblings have been added to the list of individuals who have a right to control disposition of the decedent's remains. (Amended Section 7100 of the Health and Safety Code).
- Person(s) with the Right to Control Disposition Fail to Act or Cannot be Located - The right to control disposition will pass to the person or persons in accordance with the order of succession provided by Section 7100 of the Health and Safety Code if the preceding individual with the right to control disposition fails to act or cannot be located within a specified period of time (Amended Sections 7100 & 7105 of the Health and Safety Code).
- Person(s) with the Right to Control Disposition Cannot Agree - Permits equal right holders to petition the court to determine who has the right to control when they cannot agree within a specified period of time (Amend Sections 7100 & 7105 of the Health and Safety Code).
- AB 2004 Committee on Business and Professions (Chapter 531, Statutes of 2004)
- Mortuary Science Students - California students in a program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education may do embalming in a funeral establishment under the direction of the funeral director and under the supervision of a licensed embalmer (Amended Section 7632 of the Business & Professions Code).